Updated 22nd March 2012
We would like to advise the following from the Department of Transport and Main Roads:
- The Captain Cook Highway has opened to single lane traffic at Buchan’s Point, however will be closed during the following time periods for further work on the road:
- 8am – 11am
- 1pm – 5pm
- Mt. Molloy Highway is open to traffic, however they advise to continue to drive with caution.
- Call 131940 for further traffic updates; the next will be issued at 5pm today – Thursday 22nd of March 2012
We would like to advise the following from the Department of Main Roads:
- The Captain Cook Highway remains closed to traffic for the day and at least until early this evening, however firm time frames cannot be confirmed.
- Mt. Molloy Highway is open to traffic, however they advise to proceed with caution as flooding may occur again at Bushy Creek with further rain. Also be aware of increased traffic and possible delays on the road.
- Surveyors are currently assessing the significant landslide at Ellis Beach and working to secure the site.
- The next traffic update will be issued by the Department of Main Roads at 5pm today the 21st of March 2012.